03 apr 2022 THE FORMULA FOR SUCCESS
AUTHOR: PROF. DR. MILAN KRAJNC
After almost 20 years of working in the field of resolving business and personal crises, I have found that the biggest problem is the incorrect sequence of activities that lead us to the ultimate goal. So I could say… that people get into trouble, make a stressful day, just because of poor preparation for work, day, project….
I did an analysis and a survey among 836 Slovenian companies, where I found out:
- where is the cause of the crisis,
- what causes them the most problems,
- what is their greatest burden,
- and where they see mistakes in co-workers.
- I found that their biggest stress is:
- disorganization; which means they don‘t know what they‘re dealing with,
- duplication of meeting dates,
- do not have an overview of orders,
- control over the status of projects,
- cannot find documents…
… In essence, they are hampered only by basic information, which takes 5 minutes a day to edit, and in the end can cause several million in damage or even the collapse of a company.
When we observe as external observers, when someone gets involved, we see very simple solutions and we think about how someone can be so „awkward“. We ourselves, of course, do not see our work and we do not see that we are making the same mistakes. This is the same phenomenon as with friends from everyday life, we know how to advise everyone and solve their problems; but we continue to repeat them ourselves. If we take the example of falling into a cave, the one watching us from above will see our way out exactly, but we do not see it ourselves because we are looking at it from a completely different perspective. So it all depends on how we look at things.
In determining the causes of the crisis situations, I did not find out just what the cause was, but I was interested in how the cause also arose.
- Most of the causes of crisis situations are due to „unspoken things“, when someone took over the task and did not even understand what needs to be done or. what the ultimate goal is.
- Certain tasks were too demanding or. an individual or group has not been trained for certain tasks.
- The person was not competent for a particular task at all.
Of course, I then also descended into the psychological background of why an individual didn’t check to see if they understood each other, why he accepted a job if he wasn’t competent because… I asked a lot of questions that then led me to the causes that lead to their childhood. However, I then left that for my doctoral dissertation. It is true that in the end we are psychotherapists and psychologists for our colleagues because they have problems at home, which turned out to be one of the key problems for business crises in the company, as certain people do not know how to separate personal and business life. .
Dynamic communication model
Namely, the goal of the research was to find a „tool“ on how to prevent crisis situations in the company.
By coming to clear causes and knowledge of psychology helped me in this. Understanding human psychology, my knowledge of physics helped me find solutions. Namely, nature always works optimally and without „complicating“ it always solves the situation.
So I took the stream flow in nature as a solution. Namely, the basic cause of crises in the company is poor communication. So I took the flow of the stream as an example of communication.
- When the stream is clear and drinkable around it full of life, in colloquial language we would say that everything is happy and relaxed.
- If there is too much water, take everything „healthy“.
- If there is not enough water or. there is almost no current, but puddles are formed; the puddles are of bad taste and smell, and also the life around it is unpleasant to the eye.
- It‘s the same with communication:
- If employees have exactly the information they need for their work, they are not dealing with others.
- If employees have too much information, they do not work at all, but talk about everything possible, which leads to restrictions, when drinking coffee, cigarettes, measuring working time… only demotivation methods.
- If employees do not have enough information, various doubts and fears are born in their heads, and their character and personality come to the fore, which can have a bad effect on the work process.
Thus, I knew that the whole process needed to be organized in such a way that the emphasis was on “correct” communication.
The most important thing is to communicate with yourself, because if we understand ourselves, we will also be able to tell further so that others will understand. And just as we talk to ourselves, we can pass on information in the same way. Therefore, in addition to the meeting, the board of directors is also important, because the flow of information always starts at the top and if the top correctly provides information to the system / process, then there is no loss or distortion of information. The goal was to create a communication model that will allow the information conceived by the director to be equally understood by the latter in the company.
A MEETING WITH MYSELF
As the saying goes, to sweep in front of our doorstep first means to start dealing with ourselves first and only then with others. That’s why it’s important to be special every day we prepare for work / work, but not by looking to see if we have everything we need with us, but by preparing our thoughts for work.
The most important thing is not to watch e-mails, not to make phone calls… before we get to the office or. workplace (better to arrive 15 minutes earlier than to do all this along the way). Namely, our thoughts / head must be rested so that we can do our job well.
By looking at all the e-mails and other mail in the morning, we make a list of daily tasks, what we need to do, we make a kind of map of the business / business day. It is not necessary to stick to this plan as we wrote it, but to support what we want to achieve at the end of the day. Namely, in addition to the activity, we also write down the desired goal we want to achieve at the end of the day. It is important to make a selection of tasks that aim at the end goal of the day. Therefore, it is important that at the end of the day we also make an analysis of whether we achieved the desired goal or not and, above all, how different the path was from the planned path to the realized one. With this, we will actually begin to get to know ourselves, where our boundaries are, how much we depend on others, how stable we are … we will see what all influences our paths.
Above all, it is important that at the end of the day we make a plan for the second day at the workplace. This will keep a record in your brain that everything we need to do tomorrow is written in one place and they will no longer think about all these activities. This reduces the stress level by 30%. Of course, we have to repeat this every day, but the first effects are visible after only 14 days. It is especially important to start and end the day this way.
The Dynamic model of communication is one of the 4 segments of the Dynamic Leadership Model. The biggest advantage of the Dynamic Management Model is:
- to get to know yourself very well,
- that in all crises or In critical situations, you see simple solutions,
- make the most of time and there is no more empty space,
- that you are constantly evolving and progressing, and that there are no more setbacks in life,
- the goals are clear all the time,
- the business goal is subordinated to the personal,
- separate personal and business life,
- no negative stress,
- the process develops your potential,
- clear communication,
- evenly distributed responsibilities,
- You can live your dreams.
A Dynamic Leadership Model is a business model of management, organization and communication of the company, which does not allow the personality of those who create the business process to influence it. The whole model is based on the laws of nature. Nature works optimally and always finds a solution without complications. If we cannot function as nature, then at least after a working day we turn to nature and will turn all the efforts in our head into simple solutions.